This years’ search for innovation and transformation in cards and payments begins as the Call for Entries for The Card & Payments Awards 2019 is launched with a deadline of Monday 1st October 2018.
The aim of The Card & Payments Awards, now in its fourteenth year, is to reward businesses in the UK and Irish card and payments market who respond to their customers’ needs with equality, responsible lending practices, product and technological innovation, and operational excellence.
The Awards, whose Prime Sponsor is TSYS, continue to be judged by an independent panel, chaired by Roger Alexander, Portfolio of NED and Advisory Roles.
The panel includes a cross-section of representatives from across the UK and Irish payments industry, including TSYS, Ingenico, UK Finance and industry consultancies, as well as all four main card payment organisations, American Express, Diners Club International, Mastercard and Visa.
Categories cover technology initiatives, innovation, customer service, payment processing, financial inclusion, industry newcomers, security and anti-fraud, marketing, design and customer service. The awards also include dedicated categories for alternative payments providers, debit, credit and prepaid card programmes and for initiatives launched within retail.
The Card and Payments Awards continues to be at the forefront of industry progress and is delighted to announce new categories to reflect market developments. New categories launched for 2019 include Best Initiative from an SME, Changing Lives in the Community and Social Inclusion in Financial Services.
The awards process will culminate in a black-tie Awards Dinner & Ceremony next February at The Grosvenor House Hotel. The event traditionally sells out in advance and more than 1100 guests attended the 2018 Dinner and Ceremony.
The categories are designed to reflect a range of disciplines and activities that are common to issuers, payment card brands and payments services operating across the UK and Irish markets.
The categories are as follows:
- Best Prepaid Product of the Year
- Best Debit Card Programme of the Year
- Best Design of the Year
- Best Benefits or Loyalty Programme of the Year
- Best Achievement in Customer Service
- Best Initiative in Mobile Payments
- Best Achievement in Payments Processing
- Best Consumer Credit Card or Credit Facility
- Best Achievement in Retail Payments
- Best Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Best Alternative or Digital Payments Programme
- Best Security or Anti-Fraud Development
- Best Technology Initiative of the Year
- Best Industry Innovation of the Year
- Best Payments Industry Newcomer
- Industry Achievement Award
- Best Initiative from an SME
- Changing Lives in the Community
- Social Inclusion in Financial Services
- Best Service to Business
The deadline for entries is 17.00 on Monday 1st October 2018.
Our sponsors for 2019 include: American Express, Discover Global Network, Ethoca, FICO, First Data, Gemalto, Ingenico (also a Silver Sponsor), Mastercard, TSYS and Visa.
The winners will be announced at a black-tie Awards Ceremony and Dinner on Thursday 7th February 2019 at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
For more information, or for details on how to submit an awards entry, visit the updated website at