This years’ search for the best of the best in cards and payments has begun as the Call for Entries for The Card & Payments Awards 2020 today launched with a final deadline of Monday 23rd September 2019.
Now in its fifteenth year, The Card & Payments Awards seeks to reward businesses in the UK and Irish card and payments market who successfully respond to their customers’ needs, whether that be from a product, technology, security or staffing point of view.
The Awards, whose Prime Sponsor is TSYS, continue to be judged by an independent panel, chaired by Roger Alexander, Portfolio of NED and Advisory Roles. The judging panel includes a cross-section of representatives from across the UK and Irish payments industry.
The Card and Payments Awards remains an industry thought-leader and is delighted to announce new categories to reflect market changes. New categories launched for 2020 include Best Current Account of the Year, Best Initiative in Digital Payments and Excellence in Operational Innovation.
Categories cover technology initiatives, operational excellence, innovation, customer service, payment processing, financial inclusion, industry newcomers, community initiatives, security and anti-fraud, marketing, design and customer service as well as many more. Most categories are ‘of the year’ and should refer to endeavours over the previous 12 months. Therefore, entries must cite activity between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019.
The awards process will culminate in a black-tie Awards Dinner & Ceremony on Thursday 6th February 2020 at JW Marriott Grosvenor House Hotel on London’s Park Lane. The event traditionally sells out in advance and more than 1100 guests attended the 2019 Dinner and Ceremony.
The categories are designed to reflect a range of disciplines and activities that are common across the UK and Irish card and payments markets. The categories for 2020 are as follows:
- Best Achievement in Customer Service
- Best Achievement in Payments Processing
- Best Achievement in Retail Payments
- Best Benefits or Loyalty Programme of the Year
- Best Consumer Credit Card or Credit Facility
- Best Current Account of the Year
- Best Design of the Year
- Best Industry Innovation of the Year
- Best Initiative from an SME
- Best Initiative in Digital Payments
- Best Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Best Payments Industry Newcomer
- Best Prepaid Product of the Year
- Best Security or Anti-Fraud Development
- Best Service to Business
- Best Technology Initiative of the Year
- Changing Lives in the Community
- Excellence in Operational Innovation
- Industry Achievement Award
- Social Inclusion in Financial Services
The deadline for entries is 17.00 on Monday 23rd September 2019.
Our sponsors for 2020 include: TSYS (Prime Sponsor), Ingenico Group (also a Silver Sponsor), American Express, Auriemma Group, Banking Circle, Contis, Discover Global Network, Ethoca, FICO, First Data, Mastercard, Reward and Visa.
For more information, or for details on how to submit an awards entry, visit the updated website at https://www.cardandpaymentsawards.com/.