The Card & Payments Awards today announce the shortlist for 2019. The announcement comes ahead of the fourteenth annual gala dinner and awards ceremony, to be held on 7th February 2019 at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
Entries were judged on innovation, commercial success, recognising gaps in the market, Customer Value Proposition, creativity and speed of adoption. The distinguished judging panel, chaired by Roger Alexander, comprises independent senior executives and recognised experts from across the financial services industry.
Entries came from a cross-section of the UK & Irish payments industry and competition was the tightest for a number of years. Following a comprehensive judging process, a diverse mix of card and payment services organisations are shortlisted as finalists for one or more award. The Card & Payments Awards provides an opportunity for companies to demonstrate key achievements and successes and share these feats with the wider industry.
The award categories are listed below. For 2019, we introduced a number of new and revised categories to reflect the ever-changing nature of this industry.
- NEW – Best Achievement from an SME
- NEW – Best Service to Business
- NEW – Best Consumer Credit Card or Credit Facility
- NEW – Changing Lives in the Community
- NEW – Social Inclusion in Financial Service
- Best Achievement in Customer Service
- Best Achievement in Payments Processing
- Best Achievement in Retail Payments
- Best Alternative or Digital Payments Programme
- Best Benefits or Loyalty Programme of the Year
- Best Debit Card Programme of the Year
- Best Design of the Year
- Best Industry Innovation of the Year
- Best Initiative in Mobile Payments
- Best Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Best Payments Industry Newcomer
- Best Prepaid Product of the Year
- Best Security or Anti-Fraud Development
- Best Technology Initiative of the Year
In addition, we will announce the winner of the Industry Achievement Award on the night. This special award is rewarded to an individual or company that has made a significant contribution to the card and payments industry in the past year.
The Card & Payments Awards is supported by TSYS (Prime Sponsor) American Express, Discover Global Network, Ethoca, FICO, First Data, Gemalto, Ingenico (Silver Sponsor), Mastercard and Visa.
The winners will be announced at the black-tie Awards Ceremony and Dinner on Thursday 7th February 2019 at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
To attend the industry’s premier networking event, and for more information on how to book a table, visit us at