The Card & Payments Awards today announce the finalists for 2018. The announcement comes just two months ahead of the thirteenth annual awards ceremony, to be held on 1st February 2018 at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
Entries were judged on Customer Value Proposition, innovation, commercial success, transparency, speed of adoption and creativity. The judging panel, chaired by Roger Alexander, comprises independent senior executives from the payments industry as well as experts from other industries.
This year, entries reached record levels, coming from nearly 80 different organisations across the UK & Irish payments industry. Following the impartial and diligent judging process, a cross-section of card and payment services organisations are shortlisted as finalists for one or more award. The Card & Payments Awards provides an opportunity for companies to demonstrate key achievements and successes and share these feats with the wider industry.
The 19 award categories, sponsored by TSYS (Prime Sponsor) American Express, Discover Global Network, Experian, FICO, First Data, Gemalto, Ingenico (Silver Sponsor), Mastercard, Visa and Worldpay are listed below.
For 2018, we have developed a new category for Best Achievement in Payments Processing, aimed at companies who offer processing facilities. The Award aims to recognise initiatives in payments processing that have had a positive impact on the customer.
- Best Achievement in Customer Service
- Best Achievement in Payments Processing
- Best Achievement in Retail Payments
- Best Achievement in TCF
- Best Alternative or Digital Payments Programme
- Best Benefits or Loyalty Programme of the Year
- Best Business Card Programme
- Best CSR Programme
- Best Credit Card Product of the Year
- Best Debit Card Programme of the Year
- Best Design of the Year
- Best Industry Innovation of the Year
- Best Initiative in Mobile Payments
- Best Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Best Payments Industry Newcomer
- Best Prepaid Product of the Year
- Best Security or Anti-Fraud Development
- Best Technology Initiative of the Year
In addition, we will announce the winner of the Industry Achievement Award on the night. This special award is rewarded to an individual or company that has made a significant contribution to the card and payments industry in the past year.
Alongside the category sponsors, The Card & Payments Awards is supported by Contis as Reception Sponsor and Ethoca as Sponsor of the after-show party.
The winners will be announced at the black-tie Awards Ceremony and Dinner on Thursday 1st February 2018 at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
To attend the industry’s premier networking event, and for more information on how to book a table, visit us at